Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Shopping Online

I was supposed to have a rare shopping opportunity with my BFF yesterday and it didn't work out.  While posting my complaint about it on FaceBook, my buddy Terri @ myseniormoments suggested that since I always get the short end of the stick when we have vehicle problems, I should just shop online.  Well, I'm here to tell you......I do plenty of that!  Here are some of my recent acquisitions

This first picture is a Photo/Panting done by the Photographer that took Riley's senior portraits.  She is quite the artist and has many talents.  When I saw some of her Photo/Paintings, I just knew that we had to have one of the horses!  I found some pictures of The Girls and sent them to her and we finally decided on this one.  The overall size is 30 x 30 and it is stunning!! 

What happens is this.  I had a 20x30 photo printed of this picture and had it shipped to her.  She actually tears the edges (in this case to make it about 19x19) then she affixes it to a canvas.  In this instance, she did an abstract border in colors to complement the picture. The wonderful thing IS, we didn't actually discuss colors and it just so happens this will look perfect on our green living room wall!!Another awesome aspect of this painting is that the sides of the canvas, where it wraps around the frame, are painted as well.  That gives it a wonderful unique finish and I don't have to frame it :).
If you'd like to see some of her other work, go here Christina-M-Ehlinger~Artist for starters.

I had planned to give it to Chuck for X-Mas, but she got it done so quickly and I received it last week.....and our anniversary is this coming Friday (the 12th)....soooooo.....I'm giving it to him for our anniversary!  I can't wait!!  We don't always exchange gifts and usually just treat ourselves to an "All we can eat Lobster or King Crab fest" at home.  He'll be so surprised and I know he's gonna absolutely flip over it!  I can't wait to get it on the wall, as we have a perfect empty spot behind the love seat that has just been waiting to be filled for about 6 years now!  Next weekend I'll get to post photos of it on the wall!! I can't wait!  Squeal!!!!!!!!!

The next picture of online acquisitions is just one box of many that I have been buying since I went to Alaska in May and acquired serious knitting fever.
Not only did my lovely daughter, Terri, get me to finally take the 'knitting plunge', she also gave me the bug for only the finest yarns!  When I did alot of crocheting, I always preferred some of the better brands (such as Lion and Bernat over Red Heart), but oh, she had to get me into using wool and wool blends and alpaca and all sorts of beautiful colorways in scrumptiously delightful spun yarn! 

And I have found a couple of WONderful websites that often have WONderful sales on this sort of delightful yarn!  I will give you an example of what my new passion is doing to my checking account.  I found a sweater pattern, using Noro yarn, similar to that in the above picture.  The color  I selected is darker hues, but still multi-colored.  Anyway, the pattern calls for 11 hanks (sort of a skein)so I ordered 12 to be safe and I found it for a terrific sale price! Normally $20 a hank for $14.00!  Weeeeeeeee.........Adds up tho', as do the many other great finds I have found......but they were all on sale!!  So that makes it okay, right???  Right???

See what happens.  Make me get a new bionic hip and keep me house bound for 6 weeks with a desk top, a laptop and an iPhone.  I can search, find and order from any room in the house!  When I have to explain the piles of yarn and my lack of $$......I'll blame the Percocet.  Buwahahahaha

5 comments:

l'empress said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My daughter has been ordering online since e-Bay opened. Me, I just do it for things of which I'm certain -- groceries, vitamins and supplements, catalogs I used to use. And the U.S. Postal Service.

It's one of the better ways to be useful when you can't go out. 8-)

Terri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Re the tomato creatures, another blogger in New Jersey just found the same things on her patio plants....she said hers had wasp eggs on them and when the wasps hatch - something mutates and there is a giant tomato moth that hangs around. Hope you can find a way to get rid of them right away.
Love the home shopping habit you have developed. Yes - I think Chuck will love that photo/painting....it's stunning on the computer so it must be awesome in real life. Good luck with the knitting. That is something I always wanted to learn but I don't think I can do it. I tried crocheting years ago and got cramps in my fingers.

Terri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

And if Chuck still complains; remind him if you had your vehicle on a regular basis; you would be outside the house. He could buy a new van for work and it might be cheaper in the long run! LOL

poundheadhere said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hahaha for the spending spree! Have computer, will shop ;)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've been meaning to give you this website address: http://www.knittingparadise.com/newsletter.jsp. I am addicted to it! Every day I receive the "newsletter". You can ask for knitting hints, post your pictures of completed items, buy yarn, sell items, etc. I just love it!